Friday, January 13, 2006

a passion for Peace

Its really very sad if you are not passionate about God, because He is very much passionate about you. "I have come so that they may have life..." Today I was just thinking this as I was leaving studio. We watched a documentary about a sculptor named Andy Goldsworthy called "Rivers and Tides." This was very interesting to me not only in the obvious ways (pretty art, an interesting way to view the world, bla, bla, bla) but also in the deeper rooted issue. It made me realize that people are truly made to be passionate about something, to give glory to something. This man was very passionate about nature and the subtle motifs that he observes everyday. I began to think about people that I know, and I realized that each person has something that they are MOST passionate about. There are definately people, and especially the people who I know better, that are passionate about a lot of things, but generally there is one main theme or foundation in a person's life. Some things I see people being passionate about are: the Lord, people in general, a specific person, art(design), entertainment, and (most commonly) themselves. If I had to guess, people will tell you things that they are most passionate about and it won't necessarily reflect in their day to day life. These people are either blind or are just trying to convince you with words, when really their actions have already made a conclusion.

I would like to think that I am one who is viewed as being most passionate about the Lord, but I don't know. A wonderful revelation today has really shown me that my goal in life must no longer be going around trying to act out what I think that I want to be. No longer to try to "walk my talk" but instead to just believe God. To fall more in love with Him. To be passionate about Him. Because it's pretty much impossible to try to live every single day like you are Jesus' #1 fan when you don't feel that way inside. I can always find nice things to say that will make me sound good. And I can always check my actions and try really hard to not be a hypocrite. But, thats really dumb. That's not what God ever wanted. He wants my heart. He wants my love. Because he loves me. He really loves me. Without that nothing exists, nothing matters. A heart ruled by anything less is dead. God is love. Nothing else matters. I've spent the last week back really learning that. Actually I have spent the last ten months learning that, and it has progressively opened my eyes to so much about life and opened my heart to so much about love. Before I was almost lost in my own mind, confused and torn about many things; and slowly I've come to realize how essential it is to just change my mind. The Lord has finally revealed a proven process to changing my mind. That is simply to know truth. And the truth is that He is alive. He is love. He is LIFE! The more I meditate on His word and His voice in my heart, the quicker everything, EVERYTHING else fades away. And it's really true that if you seek FIRST the kingdom, all else will be added to you. Its really true.

3 Comments:

Blogger bless_HIS_name said...

Sam, this is sooo gooood!!! You are really talking to my heart! All I want is to be more passionate for the Lord. The Lord had (really has) a passion for us. I go into my internship and I see all these women who are addicts/alcoholics, they have been raped, abused (sexually, verbally, physically, emotionally), and have gone through so much more than I could ever imagined. Jesus has a passion for these women. It is our job as Christians to show people like these women that Jesus does have a passion for them. Thank you Sam for sharing this!! The Lord is so awesome!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Handmaiden said...

Sam,
"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls;all your waves and breakers have swept over me.
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life." Psalm 42:7-8

Continue to dig into the deep places of Abba's heart, as He washes over you with His waves of love.

11:57 AM  
Blogger TYLER WARD said...

this is good stuff sam. keep swimming in this.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home